Monday, August 5, 2013

My Birthday Boys

My summer is always a busy one not just because the weather is great and I can go to so many places, but because my boys (hubby and little Lucas) are actually celebrating their birthdays.  Let me also tell you that my boys are only 3 days apart in celebrating their birthdays.  My son was born on July 28 and my husband was born on August 1. Cha ching! Budget skills, anyone? :-)

So I thought I'll share a few details on my blog on how I planned for these two troublemakers.  For Lucas' 5th birthday, I went for a pool party at home.  We sent invitations that had Nick Jr's Bubble Guppies character on them.  I chose the colors of blue and lime green for the decorations.  We cooked most of the food and I'm glad to hear that most of our guests enjoyed each dish!  I think we had about 60 people at the pool party.  The only bad news is that my little one got sick on the DAY OF - yes, on the DAY OF the celebration.  He was in the swimming pool when I noticed that he was shaking.  It was a hot day so it couldn't be that he was cold.  Hubby had to take him out of the water and oh boy, that kid was not happy. Two days later, he finally recovered and I promised myself that on his next birthday - it will just be an out of town trip!

Hubby's birthday was much smaller but it was a total blast!  We had a mix of dishes and alcohol (which really got everyone hyper!).  We played the Guesstures game that got everyone screaming on top of their lungs.  Our neighbors probably thought we were going crazy and beating each other up!  It was fun.  I loved every minute of it.  Here are some pictures from both parties.




Until next year's celebrations :)

Stay happy,
m3lvi3

No comments:

Post a Comment